Re: State of ocamlgraph

Le 18/12/2021 à 22:17, Ralf Treinen a écrit :
>>> I've noticed with my opam monitoring [1] that ocamlgraph is not
>>> up-to-date in Debian unstable compared to opam (1.8.8 instead of 2.0.0).
>>> I've seen you've uploaded version 2.0.0 to experimental; are you
>>> planning to upload it to unstable? When?
>>
>> I think one of the reasons why I uploaded only to experimental is that
>> it was already quite close to the freeze. I think there were also some
>> packages that didn't compile with ocamlgraph 2.0.0, but I do not
>> remember which ones. It seems that at least alt-ergo,ben,frama-c,why3.

Ben is Debian-specific and probably can be adapted easily if needed.

In opam, alt-ergo 2.4.1 (Debian has 2.0.0), frama-c 24.0 (Debian has
titanium with is actually version 22) and why3 1.4.0 are all
co-installable with ocamlgraph 2.0.0... So my guess is that we just need
to update packages in Debian, upstreams handle ocamlgraph 2.0.0 just fine.

> In fact since the passage to dune, ocamlgraph does no longer produce
> graph.cmo (https://github.com/backtracking/ocamlgraph/issues/118),
> which is a problem at least for why3, unless we decide to give up on
> bytecode since apparently everybody else already has.

I does produce graph.cma and graph.cmi.

Stéphane