Re: [covid-19] Help for ocaml package needed

Hi Ralf,

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 02:07:24PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> > > This is strange. After installing libmcl-ocaml-dev, ocamlfind should be
> > > be able to see it:
> > >
> > > $ ocamlfind list | grep mcl
> > > mcl                 (version: 12-068~oasis4)
> >
> > $ ocamlfind list | grep mcl
> > findlib: [WARNING] cannot read directory /usr/lib/ocaml/METAS: No such file or directory
> > mcl                 (version: 12-068~oasis4)
>
> /usr/lib/ocaml/METAS is one the repositories where ocamlfind looks for
> META files. Maybe you just happen to have no ocaml library installed
> that uses that directory. If that is the case you might try to create
> an empty directory /usr/lib/ocaml/METAS. Does this solve the issue for
> you?

Hmmm, I wonder if that is really an "issue".  Its a warning.  Moreover
in a pbuilder chroot I should not write to /usr so I'm hesitating to
simply create a directory there.  I mean

$ ocamlfind list 2>/dev/null | grep mcl
mcl                 (version: 12-068~oasis4)

has the same result as on your side - so I wonder what to do next.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de