Re: dune + opam

Le 14/08/2019 à 12:14, Ralf Treinen a écrit :
>> In ocaml-cairo2/debian/control, you wrote:
>>> dune behaves differently when opam is installed
>>
>> so you put opam in Build-Conflicts.
>>
>> Could you elaborate?
>
> If I remember correctly, the problem was that "dune install" called
> the opam_installer when it was available, and at that time
> (much earlier version of dune!) one had to set some environment
> variable to have it install library files at the correct path.
>
> If you think that it is annoying I can find a way to make it
> work with ocaml_installer.

No, it's better to not depend on opam-installer if possible for
bootstrapping reasons.

I thought "dune install" and "opam-installer" were doing the same thing,
but you are saying no...?

By the way, opam-installer is in its own package.

It took me time to figure it out, but now I always call "dune install"
as follows:

> dune install --destdir=$(DESTDIR) --prefix=/usr --libdir=..$(OCAML_STDLIB_DIR)

Stéphane