Re: Uploading new Coq

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018, at  2:38 AM EST, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
> Feel free to upgrade the package in git; I will review and upload it.

I don’t have permissions to push to the package in Git; can somebody
give them to me?

In the meantime, I’ve uploaded my changes to
https://git.benjamin.barenblat.name/debian-coq/. I’m not quite done, but
I’d like to get my work out in the open now so people can begin looking
at it.

I’ve temporarily removed SSReflect from the Coq standard library, as it
contained two files under nonfree licenses. I’ve contacted upstream, and
one developer has confirmed those license headers should have been
changed when upstream imported them; once the project officially accepts
https://github.com/coq/coq/pull/9282, I’ll reenable the SSReflect build.

I’ve also temporarily disabled CoqIDE to address
https://bugs.debian.org/916369. I don’t want to reenable CoqIDE until
https://bugs.debian.org/885677 is downgraded to Important; doing
otherwise puts Coq at risk of autoremoval.

Before uploading, I’m going to fix the remaining Lintian error
(ocaml-dangling-cmx in libcoq-ocaml-dev). If I hear nothing in the next
couple of days, I’m going to assume my packaging is good to go and do
the upload over the weekend. I’ll continue working on the package up to
the freeze, so there will be opportunity to address issues through a -2
release.