Re: cmdliner 1.0.0 uses topkg for building

Daniel Bünzli <daniel.buenzli@erratique.ch> writes:

> Please note that there is no circular dependency. There are two
> different opam packages: topkg and topkg-care with different build
> instructions and each package should be built on its own, as done in
> opam. See the topkg.opam and topkg-care.opam files for a precise
> definition of the dependencies and the build instructions.

Yes, I saw that there is not a real circular build dependency and
I saw how you packaged it for opam. Preparing Debian packages
would of course be much more straightforward, if topkg and
topkg-care would not share the same source tarball ;-) But I
assumed from the beginning that you might have good reasons for
not separating the two things.

Making it two packages -as in opam- is the obvious option. I only
brought up the topic here to find out if there are any other
sensible options. For instance, tagging the build dependency with
<!nocheck>.

Hendrik