Re: Make ocaml-best-compilers non-virtual

Johannes Schauer:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting Ralf Treinen (2016-11-02 08:56:32)
>> On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 09:13:19AM +0100, Johannes Schauer wrote:
>>> Quoting Ximin Luo (2016-10-31 08:35:00)

>>> yes, see policy §7.5:
>>>
>>> "If a relationship field has a version number attached, only real packages will
>>> be considered to see whether the relationship is satisfied"
>>
>> Policy is lagging behind reality in this respect, but it is not the only
>> place where policy is not up to date. We have versionend provides since
>> quite some time, and we have versionend dependencies on virtual packages
>> in the archive (on python-cffi-backend-api-min, for instance).
>
> indeed. So while you cannot do "ocaml-best-compilers (>= 4.03.0)" and expect it
> to resolve to a package which just
>
> Provides: ocaml-best-compilers
>
> It will work for a package which states:
>
> Provides: ocaml-best-compilers (= 4.03.0)
>
> Notice, that only the "=" relationship can (so far) be used in the Provides
> field. So the following might work in debian/control:
>
> Provides: ocaml-best-compilers (= ${binary:Version})

Thanks for the tip! I've done this now instead of making ocaml-best-compilers non-virtual. I think it works. I made a minor mistake in debian/rules, I should have written $${} instead. I'm testing this now on eller/minkus and will upload in the morning. Hopefully we'll have a green build on all arches then.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git