Re: Packaging for 4.03.0 and OCamlbuild

On 29/09/2016 09:28, Ralf Treinen wrote:
3. Should we upload ocamlbuild first, or ocaml 4.03.0 first?

This would be part of a general 4.02->4.03 transition. Are there any
plans for that ? New versions of packages of the toolchain would be
uploaded to experimental, first.

Did you try to rebuild all packages using the new ocaml/ocamlbuild? Once this is done, a slot must be asked to the release team (e.g. bug #789133).

>> 4. Currently ocamlbuild hard-depends on ocaml-native-compilers, do you have suggestions for this to work on architectures where it's not available?
>
> That would be ocaml-best-compilers, but why do you need that ?
> ocamlbuild should not be that expensive to build.

This point is critical. Many packages depend on ocamlbuild, we don't want them to become native-only.

Stéphane