OCaml code checker?

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 09:37:00 +0100 Hendrik Tews wrote:

> The problem is, that even pure OCaml contains enough features
> that may permit arbitrary memory corruptions by an attacker. For
> instance, String.unsafe_blit has no bounds checks, Obj.magic is
> an unsafe cast, Marshal.from_channel may break the type
> system, ...

Another unsafe feature are the Unix process spawning functions, some of
which use the shell and are thus vulnerable to metacharacter injection.

Is there a tool that will check for all of these unsafe features?

I'm writing check-all-the-things, which is a tool that wraps a lot of
other check tools. For OCaml, I have ocaml-lintian and a grep for the
OCaml Unix process spawning functions but I would like more checks.

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/check-all-the-things.git
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/check-all-the-things.git/tree/data/ocaml

For other languages there are style checkers too, are there OCaml ones?

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise