Re: Make ocaml-best-compilers non-virtual

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 12:28:00PM +0000, Ximin Luo wrote:
> Ximin Luo:
> > Johannes Schauer:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Quoting Ralf Treinen (2016-11-02 08:56:32)

> >> indeed. So while you cannot do "ocaml-best-compilers (>= 4.03.0)" and expect it
> >> to resolve to a package which just
> >>
> >> Provides: ocaml-best-compilers
> >>
> >> It will work for a package which states:
> >>
> >> Provides: ocaml-best-compilers (= 4.03.0)
> >>
> >> Notice, that only the "=" relationship can (so far) be used in the Provides
> >> field. So the following might work in debian/control:
> >>
> >> Provides: ocaml-best-compilers (= ${binary:Version})

[..]

> This is several hours after 4.03.0-5 was built and uploaded into FTP. Are you guys sure that aspcud/apt-cudf can support versioned virtual Build-Depends?

It works with dose-builddebcheck, so I assume it also works with
apt-cudf, but I couldn't check it.

Note that the two successes of building ocamlbuild where using older
versions of ocaml, namely

4.03.0-4 on hurd
4.03.0-3 on x32

I think we had this discussion earlier: why do you need a
build-dependency of ocamlbuild on ocaml-best-compilers? I thought
that you said in the earlier discussion that you don't need it.

-Ralf.