Re: Ocaml function used in packages

On 12/05/2016 23:04, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
after fixing CVE-2015-8869 in Wheezy, I assume that all packages which
use the affected functions need to be recompiled.
So is there an easy way to find out what packages need this recompilation?

The functions are:
  caml_bitvect_test
  caml_blit_string
  caml_alloc_dummy_float
  caml_alloc_dummy

Or would it be better to recompile everything? How could that be done best?

caml_alloc_dummy is pervasive. I think it would be better to recompile every package that ships an ELF executable compiled with ocamlc or ocamlopt.

BinNMUs should be enough but I don't know if it is possible to do them within security updates suites.

Stéphane