ocamlnet with Str vs Pcre

I thought I'd be able to link my program with either Str or Pcre
(using the netstring-pcre wrapper), but that doesn't seem to be the
case.  It looks like ocamlnet itself has to be built with one or the
other. If this is the case (i.e. if I'm not just misunderstanding the
situation), does anyone think it's worth having both versions
of ocamlnet in the archive?  It would be nice to avoid Str if already
linking with other Pcre-dependent modules.