Re: sexplib, mikmatch and liquidsoap

Le 10/07/2013 13:34, Hendrik Tews a écrit :
> I would still like to update sexplib to the newest version in a
> package which targets experimental. Would that be OK? (see also [1])

Yes.

> I updated mikmatch some time ago, version 1.0.6-1 for unstable
> and OCaml 3.12 and version 1.0.6-2 for experimental and OCaml 4. (see
> also [2] and its followups)

Uploaded.

> One of the reverse dependencies of mikmatch is liquidsoap, which
> is currently stuck in unstable, because it was build against the
> old version of yojson. It just needs to get recompiled, I guess,
> but this case is not handled automatically, isn't it?

No, it is not automatic. A so-called "binNMU" is needed. The official
way to trigger one is to submit a bug to the pseudo-package
release.debian.org (reportbug is your friend).

I can also directly trigger binNMUs without going through the release
team, and I do so with OCaml packages when the need arises.

I'll wait a few days for the packages uploaded today to be built before
scheduling what needs to be done (so don't bother the release team with
binNMUs now).

Stéphane