Re: mikmatch updated

Le 11/06/2013 14:41, Hendrik Tews a écrit :
> I forgot to note that the package is not lintian-clean:
>
> I get ocaml-dangling-cmi twice for a cmi that was created with
> ocamlc -pack. Naturally, there is no ml or mli file that could be
> installed along the cmi. How should I handle this lintian tag?

This tag makes sense because mli can be written for packs. If upstream
doesn't provide one, you can make him or her a suggestion :-) As far as
Debian is concerned, you can just ignore the tag. Moreover, the tag is
correct here so it should not be overridden either.

> There is also ocaml-stray-cmo twice. Here, the upstream makefile
> packs the same set of cmo's into a cma library _and_ as
> submodules into a packed cmo, basically doing
>
>    ocamlc -a    -o x.cma a.cmo b.cmo ...
>    ocamlc -pack -o x.cmo a.cmo b.cmo ...
>
> after each other. I don't understand this and I leave the lintian
> warning until I got some explanation from the upstream author.

Indeed this is unusual...

By the way, your monolithic commits makes them hard to review. Please
consider more atomic ones.

I've just uploaded 1.0.6-1 to unstable.

Stéphane