Re: ocaml-csv updated

Le 06/07/2013 19:17, Stéphane Glondu a écrit :
>>> It failed on all bytecode architectures, for an obvious reason...
>>
>> I pushed a fix few minutes ago, could you please upload it? Thanks.

It failed again...

I had a closer look. The package was built with
DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/libcsv-ocaml-dev, which is not something I
recommend, escpecially when there are servery binary package. IMHO, it's
better to use debian/tmp, and dispatch files using *.install files and
dh_install --fail-missing.

Looking closer at the history, I realise using debian/libcsv-ocaml-dev
was my fault, but at the time csvtool was not installed by upstream
build system, but everything installed by upstream build system was put
in libcsv-ocaml-dev so it worked that way.

With the new version, csvtool started being installed directly by
upstream build system. I assume you observed that csvtool popped up in
libcsv-ocaml-dev binary package and you tried to fix it by moving files
around, but the correct solution is the switch to debian/tmp and
*.install files. If there is a failure this way, it's upstream's fault
(but usually oasis does things right).

I admit that situation can be difficult to understand. Still, thanks for
all your efforts!

Stéphane