Re: Bug report on jocaml-base: jocamlrun crashes with exit status 139

Le 26/06/2013 19:44, Alexandre Rebert a écrit :
> We found a crash in jocamlrun contained in the jocaml-base package. You are being
> contacted because your are listed as one of the maintainer of jocaml-base.

I am sorry, but it is not a bug if jocamlrun segfaults when you feed it
garbage!

And by the way, ocamlrun (from ocaml-base-nox) suffers from the same
issue. Just replace "jocamlrun" by "ocamlrun" in crash.sh and you'll get
the same behaviour. Do you know why it has not been spotted by Mayhem?

You should add a "NOT A BUG" choice in the "Update status"; none of the
proposed choices seems to fit.

> We are planning to submit the bug to the Debian bug tracking system in two
> weeks. We wanted to give you a heads-up, so that you some time to assess the
> seriousness of the bug before it is publicly disclosed.

You already disclosed it publicly ;-) Indeed,
debian-ocaml-maint@lists.debian.org is a public mailing-list.

> The bug report that will be submitted to the bug tracker is available at the
> following url:
>
>   http://www.forallsecure.com/bug-reports/c87bbb96dd9fd5d1df9a945d4a3617c5001acaac/

No need to submit this one...

> This email is part of a mass bug reporting campain comprising 1,182 bugs. You
> might have received multiple emails from us concerning different programs. More
> information about the mass bug reporting is available on the debian-devel
> mailing list:
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/06/msg00720.html

I am curious to see the crash you have found in Coq, though.

Best regards,

--
Stéphane