dpkg-shlibdeps warning about librt.so.1 in ocamlopt binaries

When packaging binaries compiled with ocamlopt (on amd64), I get this
warning:

    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
    debian/approx/usr/sbin/approx-gc debian/approx/usr/sbin/approx-import
    debian/approx/usr/sbin/approx were not linked against librt.so.1 (they
    use none of the library's symbols)

Since I don't explicitly link with -lrt anywhere, is ocamlopt itself
linking it in?  Of course, I can't really "avoid a useless dependency"
anyway because librt.so.1 is part of the libc6 package.  Or is this a
"false positive" from dpkg?