meta-ocaml situation

Hi,

I just stumbled upon our lovely package meta-ocaml and smiled when I saw
what it is currently providing. I think that they need a small update
wrt. trends in the OCaml community.

The current packages have the following dependencies:

Package: ocaml-core
Depends:
 ocaml,
 ocaml-interp,
 camlp4,
 ocaml-findlib
Recommends:
 ocaml-best-compilers,
 otags,
 camlp4-extra,
 ocaml-tools,
 tuareg-mode,
 libounit-ocaml-dev,
 readline-editor
Suggests:
 ocaml-doc,
 cameleon,
 ocamlweb,
 camlidl,
 cmigrep,
 ocamldsort,
 ocamlmakefile

This one looks okay, though I'd remove camlidl and cameleon from there
and add a suggests on ocaml-tools.

Package: ocaml-libs
Depends:
 libextlib-ocaml-dev,
 liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev,
 libocamlnet-ocaml-dev,
 libpcre-ocaml-dev,
 libpxp-ocaml-dev,
 libzip-ocaml-dev
Recommends:
 libcalendar-ocaml-dev,
 libcamlimages-ocaml-dev

ocaml-libs's description says "A metapackage containing dependencies for
the Objective Caml (OCaml) programming language core libraries.". I'd
like to remove the term "core" from the description, because there is
nothing like "core libraries", especially for OCaml. Then, I'm not sure how the list was made but some of listed libraries don't look like general purpose libraries. I suggest to remove libzip, libpxp and libcamlnet and add batteries there.

Any thoughts? more suggestions?

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي