Plasma

Hi,

I'd like to provide a dpkg for Plasma (you know, distributed filesystem,
key/value store, plus map/reduce), which has reached now a state where
it gets interesting for users. I need a bit of advice.

First, Plasma needs an absolutely recent version of ocamlnet, i.e.
3.4.1. I couldn't find a repository with it.

Second, there is the question how to get it into Debian. The dpkg is no
problem for me as long as I publish it for myself, but it would be more
visible if it were in Debian. Honestly, I'm hoping to find somebody who
could fill out the role as maintainer, leaving me in the second row.

Third, is there a way to make it more known using Debian channels? For
general use, it is interesting because it provides an easy way for
getting a distributed and replicated filesystem that can be mounted via
NFS. "Easy" means here that it is just user-space software, and one does
not need expensive hardware like fiberchannels or router hacks to
implement it.

Gerd
Gerd Stolpmann, Darmstadt, Germany    gerd@gerd-stolpmann.de
Creator of GODI and camlcity.org.
*** Searching for new projects! Need consulting for system
*** programming in Ocaml? Gerd Stolpmann can help you.