Re: oasis

Hello,

On 30-05-2011, Daniel Bünzli <daniel.buenzli@erratique.ch> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I will eventually update all my software packages to use oasis. Since
> people already did package some of this software [1] I'd be glad to
> hear from them on what is the most appropriate and simple way to work
> for them given the oasis hypothesis (I plan to remove my ad-hoc
> installation scripts).
>
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libxmlm-ocaml-dev
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libuuidm-ocaml-dev
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libreact-ocaml-dev

As far as oasis and uuidm is concerned, the migration to oasis is quite
simple. I already crafted a tool to manage oasis package in debian
(oasis2debian:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/oasis2debian.git;a=summary
)

For other people, you should have a look at debian/rules of oasis
package:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/oasis.git;a=blob;f=debian/rules;h=adbb6d7bb351adb37118bea0f4a0a35fd03194e4;hb=HEAD

Right now, it uses override, but it should become a real buildsystem (as
dh understand it).

Cheers,
Sylvain Le Gall
--