Re: camlidl and shared library.

Hi,

2011/10/16 Stéphane Glondu <glondu@debian.org>

> Le 16/10/2011 20:02, Romain Beauxis a écrit :
> > I have thus commited a branch "shared" to camlidl which does the following:
> > * Patch upstream to build dllcamlidl.so
> > * Split binary packages in 3:
> >   - camlidl: binary
> >   - libcamlidl-ocaml: runtime files
> >   - libcamlidl-ocaml-dev: dev files
> >
> > Feel free to review and comment..
>
> Feel free to add yourself to Uploaders.

Cool!

> I think some Breaks/Replaces are missing for libcamlidl-ocaml-dev, since
> IIUC files previously in camlidl are moved there. Otherwise, it looks
> fine. Have you checked reverse-dependencies with the new packages?

New camlidl depends on libcamlidl-ocaml-dev, so I believe Replaces is
fine. Breaks could be investigated indeed.

Another related issue is with regards to various build systems.
OCamlMakefile for instance adds -cclib -lcamlidl to project's flags
when using camlidl. This should be changed since camlidl shared object
will then be loaded by camlidl's module file.

Fortunately, there are only two packages currently using camlidl in
the archive, one of which that I maintain. I will investigate the
other one, review what happens particularly in bytecode mode and
report/upload.

Romain