Re: are dll*.so.owner files needed in stublibs?

Le 07/03/2011 18:32, Eric Cooper a écrit :
> If the .owner files are needed and/or useful, then many -dev packages
> should include them that currently don't (possible MBF?),
> and the few runtime libraries that currently have them shouldn't.

The .owner files are there to keep track of the package that owns a stub
(for e.g. "ocamlfind remove"). Since dpkg also does this job, I would
say the .owner files are useless for Debian.

> If they're not needed, that's a different MBF.

If you feel like checking every package and properly report the bug, I'm
fine with that.

> Whichever is the right way should probably be checked in lintian.

Indeed. And put a note in the OCaml policy (if it's not there already).

Stéphane