Same META in different Debian packages.

Hello.

I'm wondering a few things concerning my OCaml-R package.

I am currently working on a 0.2 upstream release, and I believe that it should be pushed into Debian only as of version 0.2, as it is a major rewrite.

But I'm also currently writing some modules that depend on OCaml-R, such as a module wrapping the zoo R package for time series objects.

I'd like to know how it could be possible to make such packages coexist in the same directory. And whether or not it is a bad idea.

The thing is that I'd appreciate my Zoo module to live in /usr/lib/ocaml/R/zoo. It seems to me that this would be the clean way to do it, and it requires a META file that works accordingly, shared by both OCaml-R and zoo.

So essentially, I'm wondering if there is a mechanism available in Debian packaging that would allow a package to share a META file with the OCaml-R package. Or perhaps there's a cleaner or cleverer workaround somewhere...

Input and advice would be appreciated.

All the best,

--
     Guillaume Yziquel