Re: monotone-viz: diff for NMU version 1.0.1-1.1

Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
> I've prepared an NMU for monotone-viz (versioned as 1.0.1-1.1) and
> uploaded it to DELAYED/2, according to devref §5.11.1. The patch renames
> some stub methods to avoid name clashes at (C) link-time with recent
> versions of lablgtk2.

The current patch looks too much like a quick hack.

Has upstream been notified? I believe the right way would be to fix
monotone-viz so that it uses lablgtk2's binding instead of having two
bindings of the same function. If monotone-viz doesn't use any more
binding that is not provided by lablgtk2, it should build pure bytecode
executables (without -custom) on bytecode architectures.

Note: this is the first time I hear about monotone-viz...

Stéphane