Re: Debian package available for OCaml-R.

Guillaume Yziquel a écrit :
> I have a Debian package available for OCaml-R. [...]

There doesn't seem to be any upstream release.

To Maxence: are you planning to make a release soon? Do you think it is
appropriate to distribute ocaml-r in Debian in its current state?

> [...] brutal modification of the
> upstream buildsystem, I have an issue with the -rectypes option.
> Something very probably related to:
>
>     http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=4460
>
> I must use the -rectypes option from the toplevel in order to work with
> this package. See below.
> [...]
> -1- How are we supposed to deal with the -rectypes option?

Mantis is down right now, but having to use the "-rectypes" option is
"normal" for a library that uses "-rectypes" itself. It's a bit like
with threads. From the toplevel, you can also use the "#rectypes;;"
directive. Of course, you can also link a toplevel with R and rectypes,
but I am not sure this is really relevant...

> -2- Can I simply push the package to git so that you can inspect it? If
> so, how should I do that?

Sure. Install dh-ocaml (>= 0.5.0), be sure your ssh is configured
properly to login to *.debian.org without explicitly giving the login,
and do "dom-new-git-repo ocaml-r" from the repository.

BTW, if you just want your repository to be publically available,
without committing to pkg-ocaml-maint, setting up mail/IRC
notifications, and so, you can put it in your home. Refer to "Using
personal Git repositories" on [1].

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git

Stéphane