Re: About #335578

Christian Perrier a écrit :
> (please CC me to replies)
>
> Hello Ocamlers,
>
> Is #335578 fixed?

No.

> In geneweb's debian/rules, I still have an old workaround for that bug
> so that geneweb is builts using bytecode on alpha, until that bug is
> fixed.

In /usr/lib/ocaml/native-archs we have a list of all architectures where
we can compile native programs.

$ cat /usr/lib/ocaml/native-archs
amd64 hurd-i386 i386 kfreebsd-i386 kfreebsd-amd64 lpia powerpc sparc

Alpha is not listed. So, you may keep you workaround for that.

Furthermore, if you build-depend on dh-ocaml, you could use
/usr/share/ocaml/ocamlvars.mk which contains a variable
$(OCAML_OPT_ARCH) which is not empty on OCaml native architectures. The,
your test would look like:

ifeq ($(OCAML_OPT_ARCH),)
	WAY=out
else