Re: pgocaml package seems OK.

Guillaume Yziquel a écrit :
> This is to inform you that I believe that the pgocaml package is now OK.
> I'm still dealing with some minor upstream-related issues.

There is at least one existing applications (ocsimore) which dynamically
loads pgocaml (that was my interest for packaging pgocaml in the first
place). You should build the cmxs, make two binary packages
(libpgocaml-ocaml and libpgocaml-ocaml-dev) and put cma/cmxs/META in
libpgocaml-ocaml, and the rest in -dev package to cope with this
situation. There is no documentation (besides #500036) for this yet, but
you can have a look at react or ocaml-text, for example.

> There's also a profiler for pgocaml which is not yet packaged. Should I
> create another binary package for it? If so, what naming convention
> should apply for the profiler package?

I would say it depends on how it is used, and its size. This is a
debugging tool, isn't it? So it could be put in the -dev package. Is it
100 times bigger that the library itself? Then, maybe it is worth
putting it in a separate binary package... I would probably put it in
-dev first, and wait for someone to give a good reason to put it apart.

Stéphane