Re: Adaptation of ocaml_transition_monitor to Ubuntu

Hello Stefano,

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 09:15:54PM +0200, David MENTRE wrote:
>> Currently 20 of 122 packages are failing to build against OCaml
>> compiler 3.11.0 in Karmic.
>
> ... and why do the fail?
>
> Is there a common reason you identified (and with which we can maybe
> help) or they are just random/transient failures?

Detailed report. In the following, "opened an Ubuntu bug" means
"requested a package rebuild". For all links and pointers to the Ubuntu
BTS:
 http://bentobako.org/ubuntu-ocaml-status/transition_monitor/ocaml_transition_monitor.html

* pycaml: build failure with Python 2.6, opened a Debian bug.

* graphviz: rebuild just needed, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* ocaml-bjack: rebuild just needed, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* ocaml-getopt: rebuild just needed, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* ocamlcreal: rebuild just needed, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* otags: rebuild just needed, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* ocaml-reins: rebuild just needed, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* ocamlgraph: I don't understand.

 The package is building correctly, against current OCaml compiler
 (3.11.0-5).
  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/ocamlgraph/+builds
  http://launchpadlibrarian.net/27487264/buildlog_ubuntu-karmic-i386.ocamlgraph_1.0-2_FULLYBUILT.txt.gz

* cduce: Could no been built because of unmet dependency ocaml 3.11
         which is now available, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* json-wheel: Could no been built because of unmet dependency ocaml 3.11
              which is now available, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* ocaml-http: Could no been built because of unmet dependency ocaml 3.11
              which is now available, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* ocaml-lastfm: Could no been built because of unmet dependency ocaml
                3.11 which is now available, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* ocamldap: build just succeeded. Should be ok tomorrow.
   https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/ocamldap/+builds

* ocsigen: Could no been built because of unmet dependency ocaml 3.11
           which is now available, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* pxp: Could no been built because of unmet dependency ocaml 3.11 which
       is now available, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* xmlrpc-light: Could no been built because of unmet dependency ocaml
                3.11 which is now available, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* galax: Depends on "pxp", I'm waiting for pxp rebuild.

* json-static: Could no been built because of unmet dependency ocaml
               3.11 which is now available, opened an Ubuntu bug.

* nurpawiki: Seems to build correctly:
   https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/nurpawiki/+builds

  I think this package is just relying on ocsigen which is not available
  that why there is currently an issue.

Yours,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <dmentre@linux-france.org>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A