Re: RFH: Where/How to setup RCS for new libfuse-ocaml package

On 03-03-2009, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 08:30:48PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>>> There is no pristine tarball and I don't intend to ever release
>>> anything without a debian dir. There is no upstream svn
>>> repository. There is just the fully debianized source. A native
>>> Debian package.
>>
>> Note that there is QA consensus that having as native Debian packages
>> softwares which are not Debian-specific is a bad idea. libfuse-ocaml
>> is definitely not Debian-specific and IMO you should release it
>> without a debian/ dir inside. It is pretty easy to do too, just add an
>> exclude pattern to tar and you are done.
>
> That implies that I publish it somwhere and test build and use it as
> non Debian package, which I won't. I don't feel comfortable making a
> release I never use.

Somewhere = http://forge.ocamlcore.org

It will give you more visibility as an OCaml library and maybe can allow
other distribution (e.g. Fedora) to use it. Letting it in debian
repository is not the best way to allow people use it (except for debian
folks, of course).

Anyway, feel free to do what you want. Using our infrastructure allow
other member of pkg-ocaml-maint to edit your library. While this is ok
when we are talking about debian/ dir, it is not for the rest of the
package (except concerning specific patches).

Regards
Sylvain Le Gall