Re: [Users] OCamlDuce for 3.11?

Stéphane Glondu wrote:
So this is what I've done:

  http://glondu.net/tmp/ocamlduce-3.11.0.0rc1.tar.gz

Great!

I was able to build ocamlduce without any problem following your instructions.

Feel free to put the .tar.gz wherever you want and advertise its existence. If you prefer, I can host the file on the cduce.org server.

Once you are confident that the patch is stable enough, I will update the ocamlduce website to point to it.

 * The changes to expunge.ml seem not to be specific to OCamlDuce, what
   about integrating them upstream? or dropping them...

 * The following warnings are generated during compilation:

File "bytecomp/translcore.ml", line 785, characters 10-1428:
Warning P: this pattern-matching is not exhaustive.
Here is an example of a value that is not matched:
Text _

You should add (Text _) to the list of cases mapped to (transl_exp e).

 * The file custom.ml, when compiled with ocamlc and ocamlducec,
   provides two .cmi files with different MD5: is this expected?

The module is actually type-checked twice with ocamlducec, so internal ids are different. Normally, they are normalized in the resulting .cmi so this shouldn't happen, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

 * OCamlDuce seems to revert partially the change in CVS version 1.79 of
   typing/typemod.ml, line 784/795. I am not sure the current patch is
   still correct... but wasn't able to exhibit a runtime error.

I think it's ok.

Thanks for the good work!

Alain