Re: repo setup for git-buildpackage

Stéphane Glondu a écrit :
> [...] IIUC, you want to
> de-debian-nativify it, and in the process, you want to remove all
> history concerning debian/? How do you plan to keep a meaningful history
> of debian packaging? It doesn't sound easy to me to plug the debian/
> history into the upstream history, at least with "usual" tools. Still, I
> think both histories should stay entangled. I will have a deeper look at
> this, try my home-made magic on this and let's see what comes out.

So I did this using my tool, and I got this:

  http://git.debian.org/?p=users/glondu-guest/test/approx.git

Please check it out (and have a look with gitk). Basically, there is an
"upstream" branch with all changes to anything but debian/, and a
"master" branch with all changes, including those with debian/. Changes
from upstream are merged from the upstream branch. All tags are debian/n
ones. As it is, the upstream branch should be suitable for future
upstream development, and the master branch should be suitable for
Debian-related one.

Stéphane