patch management with git - some guidelines

I've raised some of our concerns in managing patches with git on the
vcs-pkg mailing list [1][2]. Even though it is early, I've already
received some interesting feedback. In particular, Russ Albery pointed
me to his guidelines on workflow / branch layout for managing Debian
packages with git, they are available at [3].

I found them very interesting, I recommend reading them, maybe we can
draft our best practices on branch layout along that lines ...

Cheers.

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/vcs-pkg-discuss/2008-July/000259.html
[2] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/vcs-pkg-discuss/2008-July/000258.html
[3] http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/debian/git.html

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the