Re: Availlability of ocamlopt

Hi Julien,

Julien Cristau schrieb:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 15:59:23 +0200, Christoph Martin wrote:
>
>> Dear Ocaml maintainers,
>>
>> I (co)maintain the Debian sks package which is build with ocaml. The
>> build process extensively uses ocamlopt which is not availlable on all
>> Debian architectures. As ocamlc is not a drop in replacement for
>> ocamlopt I need to restrict the build architecture to a set which
>> supports ocamlopt.
>>
>> Can you please give me a list of Debian architectures which provide
>> ocamlopt?
>>
> /usr/lib/ocaml/*/native-archs should have the up-to-date list.

Thanks

> Although
> in most cases restricting the package to native architectures is the
> wrong thing to do;

Yes. I know.

> why can't you use ocamlc for sks when ocamlopt isn't
> available?

When I try to compile sks with ocamlc instead of ocamlopt I get the
following error:

ocamlc -o ocextr ocextr.ml
./ocextr bdb_stubs.c > bdb.ml
ocamlc    -inline 40  -c bdb.ml
/usr/bin/ocamlc: unknown option `-inline'.
Usage: ocamlc <options> <files>

Christoph

Christoph Martin, Leiter der EDV der Verwaltung, Uni-Mainz, Germany
 Internet-Mail:  Christoph.Martin@Verwaltung.Uni-Mainz.DE
  Telefon: +49-6131-3926337
      Fax: +49-6131-3922856