Re: dose2_1.3-1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 10:14:06AM +0000, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> unfortunately, debian/copyright is lacking:

Hi Thomas, thanks for the license review. A few comments:

> - it is missing copyright notices
>   at least for INRIA R. and the EDOS project

Well, I guess this problem is only "presentational", meaning that the
actual copyright notices in most files is as follows:

  Copyright 2005-2008 Berke DURAK, INRIA Rocquencourt, Jaap BOENDER and
  the EDOS Project.

I know that Berke was writing on behalf of INRIA, while Jaap on behalf
of the EDOS Project. I've only listed Berke and Jaap in debian/copyright
as the material code author, probably being too naive. Would it be ok to
list precisely the above copyright notice in debian/copyright to fulfill
your requirements?

> - licensing information, there are GPL-licensed
>   materials in the tarball. (And possibly GPL2,
>   incompatible with LGPL3[1], at that.)

Ack. I know by private communication with the authors that it was no
intention to leave any code under GPLv2 only. I'll discuss with them to
get rid of all bogus mentions of GPLv2 only, but I guess this will need
a new upstream release to get fixed ...

Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the
XML stuff is so ... simplistic  -- Manoj \/ right keys at the right time