Re: Status of ocaml in backports.org

On 08-04-2008, Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> wrote:
> 	Hi all !
>
> I've been adding some ocaml modules to backports.org recently, and the current
> status of ocaml related packages in backports.org is not really ok..
>
> Indeed, a lot of packages fail to build because of some version inconsistency.
>
> I would propose to upload the latest ocaml in sid, wait for the builds and
> then bump all available packages in order to rebuild them.

If the problem is only for backports.org, i would say no. There is no
chance to have a good transition due to external factor (Zack ask the
authorization and RM answer to wait due to other big transition). So, in
order to keep a good chance to upload and let OCaml packages not be
blocked, i think we should wait for an OK of RM...

(if the problem has been with a serious bug in ocaml, solved in 3.10.2,
i would have agreed).

BTW, thank you for maintaining packages in bpo. I ask that my key to be
added to bpo, but i have no answer concerning that (to also make
backports).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall