Re: .cmx inclusion in modules

Le Monday 31 March 2008 01:41:15 Julien Cristau, vous avez écrit :
> > That's where I still have doubts.
> > After Julien's remark, I wonder how an automatic test should behave..
>
> You can't do a 100% accurate check from just the file list.  But even
> just warning if a package contains a .cmxa and no .cmx would catch most
> cases, I guess.

So, lintian warning when you ship a .cmxa without the associated .cmx.
Can be fine.

> Or if you really want the added accuracy, run objinfo
> on the .cmxa, that will give you the list of modules, each corresponding
> to a .cmx file.

That would be good, although I don't think lintian will ever have a dependency
on ocaml-nox.

By the way, running ocamlobjinfo on a cmxa file doesn't give anything:
12:47 toots@ras-macintosh ~/sources/svn/savonet/trunk/ocaml-jack/src%
ocamlobjinfo ./jack.cmxa
File ./jack.cmxa
Not an object file

But it works on a .cmo..

I'll try to put up something for policy and write a test proposition, the
would, for instance, run ocamlobjinfo only when available, and return a
simple warning as explained abve if not..

Romain
--
while ( love & passion ) {
  for( fight = 0 ; rights < freedom ; rights++ )