Re: Ocaml package for Ubuntu Hardy Heron

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 08:41:48AM +0100, Pascal Brisset wrote:
> the current ocaml package included in the Hardy Heron beta Ubuntu
> release is version 3.10.0.
> Is there a possibility it moves to 3.10.1 (or another version) before
> the final release ?

Sorry, but it is not up to us.

We are maintaining the OCaml related packages for Debian. The
forthcoming release of Debian (Lenny) will be indeed release with OCaml
3.10.1, or possibly even 3.10.2 (not yet decided). The current
testing/unstable branches of Debian contains all packages working with
OCaml 3.10.1, we can't do more than that to ensure they will be in the
next Ubuntu release (especially considering that, in spit of having
tried, we haven't thus far find a team of Ubuntu developers interested
in collaborating in OCaml packaging).

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/