Re: [proposal] switch our repository from Subversion to Git

On 07-03-2008, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> pro/cons of svn -> git
>======================
>
> The second new bit is an analysis of the pro/cons of the change. I start
> with mine below, please contribute to the discussion.
>
> Pro
> ---
>
> - Offline work

Agree

> - Reduced space requirements

Agree

> Cons
> ----
>
> - Add yours here

I am really not sure we can keep our revision history from Subversion. I
really would like to keep it as far as possible (i.e. history of our
subversion repository).

If there is a solution for this point, i vote for a migration.

However, i never have used git -- time to learn.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall