Re: uploaded planets for the OCaml 3.10.1 transition

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 09:47:51AM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> and did the conversion to cdbs, broken-out patches, and some other
> cleanup in svn head. I'll upload this as -5 after your -4 upload
> migrates to testing.

Indeed please be *very* careful about *not* uploading until the whole
OCaml 3.10.1 is transitioned to testing.

> One question (sorry, I'm a svn illiterate, I don't like it
> particularly much): how do I create the tags for releases? AFAICS
> there is no 'svn tag' command or something similar?

In svn you tag doing copies (i.e. "svn copy") in a conventional path,
which is /tags/packages/PKGNAME/VERSION in our repository.

You should use svn-buildpackage for building packages. When doing so you
can pass --svn-tag before the final upload and svn-buildpackage will
find out the proper path. In our repo, since the path is non standard,
svn-buildpackage needs help. You should add a file debian/svn-deblayout
with the "tagsUrl" info. See for example the one available in the
"findlib" package:

  zack@aquarium:~/pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/findlib/trunk$ cat debian/svn-deblayout
  origDir=../upstream
  origUrl=svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-ocaml-maint/trunk/packages/findlib/upstream
  tagsUrl=svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-ocaml-maint/tags/packages/findlib

(The first two values are needed only if you have used "upstream" for
the dir containing the tarballs. If you have rather use, as recommended,
"tarballs" they won't be needed.)

Some handy shell aliases for svn-buildpackage (with also support for
cowbuilder) are available at
http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2007/09/svn-cowbuilder/index.html .

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/