Re: advice need on how to avoid -custom

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 05:41:22PM -0400, Eric Cooper wrote:
> Yes, but the error-prone part is finding all of the libraries that
> approx build-depends on that also require DLL stubs.

Yes, it's error prone, but IMO not much more error prone that
discovering the right build dependencies. As upstream author you
usually know the library you are using and why so, hence you usually
know which are bindings and hence have stubs. Note that you need to
list only them, other dependent lib*-ocaml are expected to be grabbed
in by transitive dependencies.

Still yes, this need to be automated (it is as usual in the scope of
dh-ocaml).

> Can I assume that if package lib*-ocaml-dev has a corresponding
> lib*-ocaml, it's because it ships runtime DLLs?

Currently yes.

Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
Dietro un grande uomo c'è sempre /oo\ All one has to do is hit the right
uno zaino        -- A.Bergonzoni \__/ keys at the right time -- J.S.Bach