OCaml 3.10.2 FTBFS on arm with gcc 4.3

... and here we go with the first transition problem (quite early :( ).
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=ocaml;ver=3.10.2-2;arch=arm;stamp=1211163665
Here is the error:

  boot/ocamlrun boot/ocamlc -nostdlib -I boot -warn-error A -I utils -I parsing -I typing -I bytecomp -I asmcomp -I driver -I toplevel -c parsing/parser.ml
  *** glibc detected *** boot/ocamlrun: free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x000801c8 ***
  make[1]: *** [parsing/parser.cmo] Aborted

which looks like a badly handled pointer in ocamlrun, though it is
strange to me that it happens only on arm.

OCaml FTBFS on arm. As Stéphane noticed in the past it has been built
properly on the very same arch (this is probably why we didn't notice
this before now):
http://experimental.debian.net/build.php?pkg=ocaml&arch=arm&ver=3.10.2-1,
the main difference on the two builds are gcc-4.2 vs gcc-4.3.

I haven't yet reported the bug upstream, any taker? If you have idea on
how to solve this go ahead as well ...

Note that, if all goes badly, we can't fix this by just not supporting
ocamlopt on arm, as the problem is with ocamlrun (bytecode interpreter),
so our only alternative to fix the bug would be not having at all ocaml
on arm.

(not so) cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/