Git migration...

Hello,

I've written (yet another) svn2git migration script¹ specialized for our
svn layout, that handles upstream branches.

¹
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-ocaml-maint/trunk/tools/svn2git/glondu_svn2git.py?op=file&rev=0&sc=1

It successfully generated the following repos:

http://git.debian.org/?p=users/glondu-guest/test/ocaml-csv.git
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/glondu-guest/test/ocaml-sqlite3.git
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/glondu-guest/test/ocsigen.git

I've tried to write it in such a way that it fails should anything go
not according to what I expect... so it will probably fail with many
other repos :-) I've not tried yet with "big" packages such as ocaml
itself. It sould be easily debuggable, though. Since it is self
contained and uses only basic commands, it should be easily adapted to
whatever processing we would like to do on the fly.

Some caveats and possible future improvements:

 * The mapping from alioth logins to full names is hard-coded in the script.
 * File renamings/movings might be seen as deletions/creations (with all
drawbacks)... but I don't know if svn itself tracks such modifications
differently. Anyway, git-import-orig should have the same behaviour
(I've mimicked its algorithm).
 * In tag names, ~ are not allowed... I replace them with "." (which is
the behaviour of git-import-orig).

Please have a look at the generated repositories above and/or try the
script, and give me your feedback.

BTW, what will be our plans for the migration?

Enjoy!

--
Stéphane