Re: how can I prevent cdbs from stripping custom bytecode binaries?

On Tue, Apr  1, 2008 at 18:20:53 -0400, Eric Cooper wrote:

> This seems to do the trick:
>
>     ifneq ($(OCAML_HAVE_OCAMLOPT),yes)
> 	export DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS += nostrip
>     endif
>
> The question remains whether this should be done automatically by ocaml.mk.

If you're using cdbs, I believe the proper variable is DEB_STRIP_EXCLUDE
(it's possible to build an ocaml executable as well as C objects from the
same package, and you only want the ocaml stuff excluded from dh_strip).

Cheers,
Julien