Re: ./configure for ocaml programs?

On 07-05-2007, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> On 2007-05-07 20:41, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
>>
>> I am not sure to understand.
>>
>> Do you want a configure script in ocaml or standard sh ?
>
> Implementation is irrelevant, I just need to know how other ocaml
> programs do the ocaml equivalent of ./configure --prefix=/usr (changing
> variables and behavior in programs at build time).

There is no real difference between OCaml and any other languages: they
use sed (or camlp4 with macro).

If configure is build with autoconf, you just have to add the file which
need to be generated in AC_OUTPUT. The template is the same file with
.in at the end.

But there is a lot of way you can do this kind off stuff. It only
depends on what you want!

FYI, in my own ocaml library i use autoconf and AC_OUTPUT.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall