Re: RFH #453191: ftbfs because of type mismatch

On Friday 30 November 2007, Eric Cooper wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 11:04:21AM +0200, George Danchev wrote:
> > 	it seems like ocaml in sid is much more stricter and yesterday
> > I got ftbfs #453191 filed against ara. I guess the fix should be
> > something minor to change, but I can't realize how to do it, so
> > please any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> The problem is that the append_page and prepend_page methods for
> notebook objects in GPack now return an int (page number, I assume),
> instead of unit.
>
> A patch is attached.

Eric,
	thank you very much for the patch, it worked flawlessly -- committed to svn.

The package is lintian clean, but I see the following issues:

* ara build depends on camlp4 (for a long time), which is a virtual package -
could this be a possible problem for autobuilders since I doubt they have any
heuristic mechanism to choose a real package to satisfy the build depends.
* warnings from dpkg-shlibdeps which should be resolved, but can't find what
causes such a unneeded linkage for xara:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libatk-1.0.so.0 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libfontconfig.so.1 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libXext.so.6 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libXrender.so.1 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libXinerama.so.1 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libXi.so.6 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libXrandr.so.2 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libXcursor.so.1 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libXcomposite.so.1 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libXdamage.so.1 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libcairo.so.2 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libX11.so.6 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libXfixes.so.3 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xara-gtk/usr/bin/xara shouldn't be linked with
libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (it uses none of its symbols).

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB