Re: [binNMU] facile

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 10:42:55AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 11:35:07AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>
> > I was just wondering if anything can be improved on the handling of
> > that give backs (on which I'm sure you know more than me). Knowing that
> > with non timely upload I can induce some troubles to others is not
> > exactly something I like :) But maybe this is not the right thread to
> > discuss this stuff ...
>
> Sure, there's room for improvement here.  One of the optimizations that's
> been discussed in the past would be to auto-dep-wait packages on the newest
> version of all build-dependencies to enforce build ordering, but I don't
> think we have any kind of hard numbers on new problems this might introduce
> (unnecessary transition delays, etc).

Hi Steve, ...

It seems to me that this is the kind of problems, that we faced with the
ocaml packages since years. On the pure dependency, this was achieved
with the abi provides, but for the ocaml package alone.

Maybe something similar could be achieved for the other packages,
generated in a semi-automated way, or maybe an abi-field or something
should be added.

Ralf, you are involved with the EDOS folk, which if i remember well,
this kind of stuff has been one of the topics they where involved with.