Re: libaio bindings

> * Goswin von Brederlow:
>
>> You wrote bindings for the Posix async I/O functions from glibc, which
>> uses threads to implement it, and not the Linux async I/O interface
>> that uses syscalls to use the kernels async I/O directly.
>
> The kernel interfaces currently support files opened with O_DIRECT
> only, so the GNU libc approach is in fact reasonable to get something
> that is actually useful.

I tried to write some C code that uses libaio to see how it works
before writing bindings and that worked with a simple file:

    int fd = open("testfile", O_RDWR | O_CREAT | O_TRUNC, 0660);

I had to piece the workings together from the undocumented header file
which kind of sucked. But the code seems to work.

MfG
        Goswin