Re: inclusion of ocaml-policy

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 12:02:51PM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> Right, it is, except that debian-policy is under tight control when it comes
> to upgrades and probably it will be a pain to upgrade sub-policies
> distributed with the debian-policy package.

Fair enough, but history tells us that we don't need to update the
debian policy very often. We survived with a really out of date policy
for months and noone complained. Now we have a valuable document, but I
doubt we will need to change it very often. Perhaps just rebuilding it
from time to time would be good -- so that the version will get updated
--, but if we manage to automate that in the rebuilding process of the
debian-policy package I think we will be more than fine.

> Better yet create a separate package which depends on debian-policy
> and polulates /usr/share/doc/debian-policy wich the ocaml-polcy files.

That would be a problem IMO. Stuff in debian-policy is, in my idea,
considered *the* official packaging guide(s) of Debian. Having OCaml
policy there would be a plus for us.

Otherwise we can keep it in the ocaml package, I don't see the need to
fork a ocaml policy package.