Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 23:07:32 +0200
From: Gerd Stolpmann <info@gerd-stolpmann.de>
To: ocamlnet-devel <ocamlnet-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>,
	godi-list <godi-list@ocaml-programming.de>
Subject: [Godi-list] Test release of ocamlnet2

Hi list(s),

thanks to contract work it was possible to extend ocamlnet
significantly. In particular, we'll have a server framework called
Netplex and SSL support.

At this time, I would like to reorganize the development and
distribution scheme. Because of this, I merged the following libraries

- ocamlnet
- equeue
- netclient
- rpc

and would like to distribute the whole as ocamlnet2.

The repository moved to gps.dynxs.de where already GODI is hosted. You
can access the repo online here:

https://gps.dynxs.de/svn/lib-ocamlnet2

(or go up one directory and select the cvsweb UI).

If somebody needs write access please tell me.

There is already a first release, version 2.2test2 (I had to go to 2.2
because equeue is already at version 2.1.*):

http://www.ocaml-programming.de/packages/ocamlnet-2.2test2.tar.gz

It does not contain any documentation up to now, but example code.

For GODI users, there is a convenient way of installing ocamlnet2. First
install GODI as usual (either for O'Caml 3.08 or 3.09). Then, change
godi.conf, and add the line

GODI_BUILD_SITES += http://www.ocaml-programming.de/godi-build/branch-ocamlnet2/

update packages and rebuild. You can install

godi-ocamlnet
godi-ocamlnet-gtk1
godi-ocamlnet-gtk2
godi-ocamlnet-tcl
godi-ocamlnet-ssl

where the latter four packages contain add-ons that need further
libraries to be installed. The packages

godi-equeue*, godi-rpc, godi-netclient

are only fake packages that include godi-ocamlnet as predecessors. IT IS
NOT POSSIBLE TO HAVE THE OLD AND NEW OCAMLNET INSTALLED IN PARALLEL.

The old mailing list ocamlnet-devel remains for now.

Gerd