Re: Could somebody check my first ocaml package ?

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 01:37:21PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> In particular, lintian and linda complain about the binary to be
> unstripped, but if I understand correctly, this is necessary. Shall I
> override the errors?

You should never strip a *bytecode* executable produced with the -custom
option (since this would remove the bytecod part of the executable). An
executable compiled in native mode, however, must be striped.

I just had a quick look and tried to build the package. What strikes me is
that the program is compiled twice. This is due to the fact that you use
"build" as a timestamp but then declare it as a .PHONY target. In fact
there is no reason to use an artificial timestap here. Instead,
depend on the produced binary.

> (PS: I am not subscribed to the list)

If you want to package ocaml packages then please consider susbscribing.

Regards -Ralf.