Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:13:37 +0200
From: Damien Doligez <damien.doligez@inria.fr>
To: caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] release 3.09.2

Hello,

It is our pleasure to announce the availability of OCaml version 3.09.2.

This is mainly a bug-fix release, with only one big new feature: the
port
to Mac OS X on Intel processors.

See below for a list of changes with respect to 3.09.1.

It is currently available in source form at
< http://caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-3.09/ > and it will shortly be
added to our Web page at < http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml/release.en.html >,
where binary packages will soon be available.

-- The OCaml team

Bug fixes:
- Makefile: problem with "make world.opt" PR#3954
- compilers: problem compiling several modules with one command line
PR#3979
- compilers,ocamldoc: error message that Emacs cannot parse
- compilers: crash when printing type error PR#3968
- compilers: -dtypes wrong for monomorphic type variables PR#3894
- compilers: wrong warning on optional arguments PR#3980
- compilers: crash when wrong use of type constructor in let rec PR#3976
- compilers: better wording of "statement never returns" warning PR#3889
- runtime: inefficiency of signal handling PR#3990
- runtime: crashes with I/O in multithread programs PR#3906
- camlp4: empty file name in error messages PR#3886
- camlp4: stack overflow PR#3948
- otherlibs/labltk: ocamlbrowser ignores its command line options
PR#3961
- otherlibs/unix: Unix.times wrong under Mac OS X PR#3960
- otherlibs/unix: wrong doc for execvp and execvpe PR#3973
- otherlibs/win32unix: random crash in Unix.stat PR#3998
- stdlib: update_mod not found under Windows PR#3847
- stdlib: Filename.dirname/basename wrong on Win32 PR#3933
- stdlib: incomplete documentation of Pervasives.abs PR#3967
- stdlib: Printf bugs PR#3902, PR#3955
- tools/checkstack.c: missing include
- yacc: crash when given argument "-" PR#3956

New features:
- ported to MacOS X on Intel PR#3985
- configure: added support for GNU Hurd PR#3991